Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

> Exactly, and that's why Polypaudio can't become the standard sound API.
> Professional audio people are going to want mixing too.

Really?
If I'm using Ardour, or Audacity, or Marlin (snigger) I don't want
gaim going "pling" every few seconds. In fact, if I'm using pro audio
tools, the chances are I'm not going to be running much else other
than my pro audio app. From what I've seen of how pro audio people
work, they have as little as possible running on their system.

And they have JACK, which, as has been pointed out many times is not
suited for a home desktop, and never will be.

iain