Re: Polypaudio action plan

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 09:35:10PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="David Neary">
>
> > Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="David Neary">
> > >
> > > It is? :-)
> >
> > It isn't???
> >
> > I recall reading something very early in the development cycle about
> > desktop-wide profiling, either here or on foundation-list.  Ah, yes - here
> > it is:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-September/msg00299.html
>
> These things are always pretty ad-hoc. As far as I know, this plan hasn't
> gone anywhere very quickly. We do need a team of people hammering on it,
> though.

Regardless, one of the goals of *every* release should be to try to slim
down, shouldn't it?  Nautilus has (AFAICR) slimmed it's cpu and memory
use down each release, and I'd love to see a gnome desktop that boots in
say, half or 3/4 the time, and whose apps respond quicker and that feels
faster overall (as a user).

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike