Re: Polypaudio action plan

Hi,

Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> Christian Meyer wrote:
> >I have to agree with Dave here. esound should be provided as the
> >fallback daemon in case a distribution doesn't/won't/... ship
> >polypaudio.
> >
> I don't think Dave was suggesting that, I think he was merely pointing
> out that it will probably happen... I could be wrong.

I think that's what I was saying... but since I've snipped the
context, I guess we'll never know.

> Anyway, I don't think Gnome needs to provide esound as fallback daemon,
> distributions that don't/won't ship polypaudio are probably going to
> include esound or whatever sound system they want to use.

Yes - the point I might have been making is that many
distributions probably will stay with esound, even though GNOME
"reccommends" a better alternative (and thus far, no-one has said
that polypaudio is worse than esound, and lots of people have
said it's better).

Cheers,
Dave.

--