Re: Polypaudio action plan

Am Mittwoch, den 24.11.2004, 18:06 +0100 schrieb Dave Neary:

<snip/>

> If we merely deprecate esound (while still including it for backwards
> compatibility) and reccommend polypaudio in the release notes, then there's no
> guarantee that distros will ship polypaudio (which is better than esound, by
> concensus), and many users will be stuck with the crappy but well-tested esound
> back-end for gstreamer and gnome. At least, that seems to me like a good
> possibility.

I have to agree with Dave here. esound should be provided as the
fallback daemon in case a distribution doesn't/won't/... ship
polypaudio.

Regards,
Christian

Christian Meyer (stellv. Vorsitzender)        Mobile: +49 (0)163 7812033
GNOME Deutschland e.V. i. Gr.                 E-Mail: chrisime gnome-de org
Homepage:    http://www.gnome-de.org
AIM:         chrisime
ICQ:         72107443
Jabber:      chrisime uue org