Re: Polypaudio action plan

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="David Neary">
>
> > Since one of the main goals of the 2.10 release is to slim down
> > in memory use and processor use
>
> It is? :-)
>
> > shouldn't a decision like this depend (at least in part) on the cost of
> > the solution chosen?  Will making libgnome use gstreamer make the platform
> > bigger in memory? Will it affect performance desktop-wide?
>
> It shouldn't have a huge hit on memory, and I doubt it would have a huge
> performance hit.

Playing mp3s via gstreamer is at least 2 times as slow as playing them
with mpg123.

> - Jeff

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."