Re: Polypaudio/Gnome 2.10, coming to a decision

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 17:35 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Is there any need for me to tie polypaudio's development cycle to
> Gnome's in any way? Is there any need for me to provide a stabilized
> polypaudio release for any special date from the Gnome 2.10 release
> schedule?

Clearly, regardless of whether or not Polypaudio is included directly in
the GNOME module set, if you want GNOME distributors to use Polypaudio
even indirectly, you must ensure that the polypaudiosink in GStreamer
works well by the time of the 2.10 release.  If these schedules are
desynchronized, and you don't have any sort of branching on API/ABI
stability, then it's a headache for system integrators.