Re: Removing GNOME splash screens? (was: Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts)

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 12:08 +0100, Zaheer Merali wrote:
> I like the splash screen, solely for the reason that I know when
> everything necessary has started, unlike the XP experience where you
> have to manually wait 10-15 seconds while crap is being loaded.  XP
> would be much better usability wise if it notified you that stuff is
> actually being started.

Good point about that (not much to see there, though). Then I guess we
could keep the splash code, but disable it by default?
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/