Re: Thoughts on 2.10

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 13:34, G�r Farkas wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 13:23 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Hi George,
> >

> > > Bzzt not. I love what Nautilus has done but as a CD/DVD writer it just
> > > doesn't do some things such as, oh, copy a CD.  Take an mpeg file, build
> > > and burn a dvd. Those kinds of things.
> >
> > There is no way GNOME can release free code that can burn video to a DVD
> > in the DVD-standard MPEG format.
> not even if the user has to provide the correctly encoded mpeg files?

That's a good question, I'd have to check.  But even if it were, would
there be a point ? How would the MPEG files end up there, especially
given that you cannot take any random MPEG file, but only use those
specifically created to be put into a DVD ?

Thomas

I was about to have my first sexual experience
and I wasn't even one of the players...