Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

On 12/23/05, Eric Larson <elarson novell com> wrote:
> Spatial mode nautilus does not address the massive amounts of data that
> computers can (and should) work with. Browser mode emulates a web
> browser, which is a proven interface for handling huge amounts of data.

Oh, yeah, the 'net. THE user interface which "handles" the huge amount of data.

For me it's google that handles it, not the web pages or the browsers.
In fact, all the data in the net is useless without a search engine
that filters out most of the unrelated the crap.

You are right that spatial mode is not good for massive amounts of
data, but to claim that browser mode somehow magically is is not
valid.

It may be better for hierarchies but that is not how you can manage
_massive_ amounts of data anyway.

Tag & search looks to me as the most valid management model, but there
is not a mode or integrated support for that (yet).

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi