Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

Kalle Vahlman wrote:

It may be better for hierarchies but that is not how you can manage
_massive_ amounts of data anyway.

Tag & search looks to me as the most valid management model, but there
is not a mode or integrated support for that (yet).

Thats correct and thats why some of us (namely me!) are working on this.

We have two fabulous search engines in Beagle and my very own tracker app (which is in Gnome CVS, written in C and designed to be very efficient with memory so theres no excuse not to use an indexer!).

Both engines have the capability to give us world class search in that area regardless of whether you use browser or spatial.

Hopefully we will have F-spot sytle tagging in Nautilus for 2.16 too to complete the picture.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/