Re: Exciting GNOME?

Il giorno lun, 14-02-2005 alle 21:45 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru ha
scritto:
> >I certainly support a new default widget theme (the popular candidates
> >look nice to me, no favoritism there), but please, please please don't
> >mess with the icon theme!
>
> Fully agreed. The default wm is not good (difficult to click its buttons)
> and both the Simple and Default widget themes leave much to be desired. But
> the icon theme rocks and it should not be changed IMHO. The KDE noia/crystal
> icons are not as uniformed, most don't even have the same orientation which
> is very important for an icon set for a specific distribution of software.

Apart the "current icon theme rocks" motivation (I agree), widgets,
windows and icons theme should be orthogonal: when I choose to change
the widgets appearance, _only_ the widget appearance should change.

GTK+ >= 2.4 supports stock icons management via icon theme. I hope theme
maker/packager will stop to provide gtk stock icons via gtkrc. This is
bad.

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>