Re: Exciting GNOME?

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 21:45 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >I certainly support a new default widget theme (the popular candidates
> >look nice to me, no favoritism there), but please, please please don't
> >mess with the icon theme!
>
> Fully agreed. The default wm is not good (difficult to click its buttons)
> and both the Simple and Default widget themes leave much to be desired. But
> the icon theme rocks and it should not be changed IMHO.

I liked the default either, but am somehow weary of the smooth palette.
I found this:

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=19853

to be a good compromise between "shiny" and "soft".
The icons are very clear from a usability point of view. It's also voted
fairly good, so many people seem to like it.

I personally like this:
http://www.rad-e8.com/downloads/icn/snowe/
style most though ;).

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |