Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

<quote who="Alexander Larsson">

> I don't understand what integrating gnome-user-share with nautilus-send-to
> means exactly, or how it would change gnome-user-share.
>
> I know some people wanted to drop the gnome-user-share directory model
> totally in favour of a "send file to this person/machine" model. But that
> is totally blue-sky, since we have no real backend for that (apart from
> email/im), and that models has issues of its own.

We do have a start, however: nautilus-sendto.

> I doubt the situation will be different wrt gnome-user-share in gnome 2.12
> (except that we might have a solution to the folder translation issue), so
> I don't see what punting it for now gives us (unless its especially due to
> the translation issue). Either its a model Gnome thinks is right, or its
> not.

I feel, even though I think g-u-s is enormously clever and well done, that
the send/receive workflow suggestion that came up during that discussion
(care of Alan) is the right model, and there was much agreement with it when
it came up.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.