Re: Default Theme Progress

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> >> Great news! ClearLooks is indeed a great theme.
> >
> > I would greatly appreciate some restraint of your Slashdot trigger finger
> > in
> > the future. "ClearLooks to be Default Theme on Gnome 2.12" is not even
> > close
> > to an accurate description of Seth and Diana's email, let alone the entire
> > discussion so far.
>
> Well, sorry Jeff, but this email pretty much says that that's the intention
> and the action towards its realization:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-February/msg00458.html

I agree with Jeff here. When I read that story on osnews, my reaction
was "What the fuck? Since when does _redhat_ decide which theme is going
to be the default theme for gnome? They can decide the default gnome
theme for redhat all they want, but they can't do that for gnome proper"
I'm pretty sure other people felt that way too.

I concur with Jeff that you have grossly misrepresented the facts.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."