Re: gruler

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 16:48 +0200, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 2005/11/21, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>:
> > >From the whackarse bug reports we get at work:
> >
> > It can be very hard to line a series of windows up vertically, with the
> > top and bottom edges in line. This is a thing that people viewing
> > seismic data apparently want to do quite often.
>
> While it doesn't apply to resizing (why not?), moving windows with the
> shift key pressed does snap to window edges etc with Metacity.

You should try new metacity, where there is a certain amount of edge
resistance to all windows. Even without holding shift down.

> It's really handy, even if it's only a part of the solution.
>
> If there's no particluar reason why it doesn't work with resize, I'd
> like to see it enabled there too.

The point is to handle alignment when you have uneven panel sizes across
monitors, or you want to align against some other edge.

The question is whether or not gruler is a useful tool for more than
just my work.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA