Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Nautilus-actions

Ross Burton wrote:

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 11:37 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
I'd vote for having all actions in an 'Actions' submenu.

Why?  That forces them to be special, which they are not to the user.
As they'll only appear in the context menus for the items for which it
is relevant, I don't think hiding them in a submenu is suitable.

Ross
My idea was to propose to the user to be able to configure how to display its actions by adding the possibility to define category (maybe limited to one level to suit HIG). So if the user has only one or two actions, (s)he can keep it in the main menu and if (s)he must deal with dozen of them, it can categorized them in different submenu throught Nact, the config tool. Not sure I'm clear.

Anyway, Ross is right, as the actions are contextually displayed, you can have dozen of actions configured but only one or two appearing in the popup menu at a time.

All the reflexion I have and received about this problem are stored here :

http://www.grumz.net/node/95

Fred
begin:vcard
fn:Frederic RUAUDEL
n:RUAUDEL;Frederic
org:EMBL Grenoble Outstation;Computer & Network Team
email;internet:ruaudel embl fr
title:System Administrator
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1