Re: Please review po/LINGUAS patches so that people can build Gnome from CVS

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 16:21 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 15:10 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > > Retitling slightly to make it clear that it's a bit more urgent...

> > Please explain the problem? It is most certainly possible to build the
>
> I think it's "Lots of modules applied the patches from when the
> GnomeGoal was initially set up, which conflicts with the Right way to
> do it using newer intltool".  At least, it was about a week ago when I
> was trying to update all the modules (I manually patched my stuff and
> left it at that, figuring it'd be better to let others have a crack at
> the GnomeGoal, but I unfortunately also forgot to follow up...)

No. Even with the previous patch applied, intltool should still work.
Although, it will probably break on Solaris, if the ^\# argument that
gets passed to grep to fill out ALL_LINGUAS, isn't quoted. The new
intltool just does an AC_SUBST(ALL_LINGUAS), which may or may not cause
sed to break, depending on whether there are any newlines in
ALL_LINGUAS.

-- dobey