Re: Proposal: NetworkManager for GNOME 2.18.

Xavier,

NetworkManager requires dhcdbd which exists to:

        o  provide D-BUS control of the ISC dhclient software,
        o  store DHCP configuration parameters (options) persistently
        o  providing access to DHCP options over D-BUS
        o  notify applications of changes to DHCP IP interface
        configuration

NetworkManager in its present form does not work without a patched
version of the ISC software. Consequently, I am suggesting that only the
NetworkManager applet be included in GNOME 2.18.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net