Re: Special folders in gnome

Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > - Not translate folder names in filesystem
> > - Translate them in File selector and Nautilus bookmarks

> I'm still seeing an inconsistency in the file browser. I think they
> should be translated there too and not displayed as english folder (same
> as Apple).

We already have a (maybe/nearly) working implementation in current
GNOME, which already displays translated names in both Nautilus and file
selector:

cat >Pictures.directory <<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name=My Pictures
Name[cs]=Mé obrázky
Comment=My Pictures
Comment[cs]=Mé obrázky
Icon=gnome-devel
Type=Directory
Encoding=UTF-8
EOF

I have tried ~/Pictures/.directory, but it seems not to be interpreted.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/