Re: Special folders in gnome

Le vendredi 13 janvier 2006 à 16:15 +0100, Stanislav Brabec a écrit :
> Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > > - Not translate folder names in filesystem
> > > - Translate them in File selector and Nautilus bookmarks
>
> > I'm still seeing an inconsistency in the file browser. I think they
> > should be translated there too and not displayed as english folder (same
> > as Apple).
>
> We already have a (maybe/nearly) working implementation in current
> GNOME, which already displays translated names in both Nautilus and file
> selector:
>
> cat >Pictures.directory <<EOF
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=My Pictures
> Name[cs]=Mé obrázky
> Comment=My Pictures
> Comment[cs]=Mé obrázky
> Icon=gnome-devel
> Type=Directory
> Encoding=UTF-8
> EOF

Indeed. The solution we use in Mandriva at the moment is just a
derivative : using .desktop file with URL= which points to the real
directory.

> I have tried ~/Pictures/.directory, but it seems not to be interpreted.

It is a KDE only stuff, which is quite bad in term of performance,
because, when reading a directory, it forces file manager to try to open
each directory in that directory and tries to search for .directory in
it.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva