Re: GStreamer version for 2.14

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 17:23 -0500, desktop-devel-list-request gnome org
wrote:
> Well, the question is: is GStreamer 0.8 totally unmaintained? I had
> understood that Ronald was planning to make a new release with some
> fixes, so that's why I proposed to not close the bugs.

It's not. I tend to work on it to get the firefox plugin to be better or
for adding new media format support to Totem. Those bugs end up going to
bugzilla for forward porting, and for the ones pending in my tree: I'll
apply them to 0.8 once I'm ready to do a new release (will be for beta1
or so, probably a few days sooner).

I can fix other bugs (preferrably those with patches attached :-) ), so
leaving fixeable bugs open is a good idea. I won't do magic though, I
can't fix threadsafety or clocking or whatsonot, those are acknowledged
to be API issues that are unfixeable.

Ronald