Re: GStreamer version for 2.14

<snip>

> Without any of this, people will just switch back to totem-xine or
> other, non-GNOME apps like always, or just continue self-confirming that
> Linux sucks. Very disappointing after my hard work to make GStreamer not
> totally suck from an end user's point of view. Basically a total year
> wasted.

The is factually wrong Ronald, a lot/most of the great fixes you did
last year are already in 0.10 and of those that are not still in it
makes it much easier for us to fix similar issues in 0.10 when we can
look at how you fixed them in 0.8. I know that Tim whenever he finds an
issues verifies with 0.8 to see if it works there and then checks what
fix was done there to see how to apply it to 0.10.

I know this wasn't the solution you wanted, but please don't let it
depress you into feeling the work you did is wasted, it is not, not even
close.

Christian