Re: Noticed in passing

On 7 Jul 2006, at 22:29, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 11:14 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On 7/7/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
Yes, that's the point. It's been done. I am happy. It's just not working
for mclasen.

FWIW, I fully agree that this is a useful feature when its working.
I will try to find the matter of problem, if I can (though it works ok
for me)
I'm still shocked about the plugins though...
Here they are:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gswitchit_plugins/
They are some extra featurelets people asked - which would never be
approved by HIG. Especially important: helping people using the flags
for indication.

As a gentle reminder, the HIG doesn't exist to "approve" things, just to suggest how new functionality should be added to the desktop in a discoverable and consistent fashion. If there's something you just don't feel you can do within the bounds of the HIG, please bring it up with the HIG team (via bugzilla or the usability list) in case you've found either a novel interaction technique that could be useful elsewhere, or just a loophole in the guidelines.

(That said, I can't imagine the HIG recommending the use of flags anytime soon... but I don't know what the other plugins do, so I can't comment on those.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team