Re: Mono/GTK#/Tomboy

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>>> What objections? So far, the only two objections I've heard are:
>>   Obviously, there are many.
>
> Please enumerate all the objections.

It seems from reading this list, that these are:

 * Large memory usage. Perhaps not for an application, but when
   used as a part of the Desktop or long running process.

 * Startup time. Again one can wait for an application, but when
   part of the desktop it becomes problematic.

 * Proliferation of too many frameworks in the GNOME desktop.

 * Having large parts of the Desktop become dependent on Mono
   components. Mono as an integral part of GNOME.

 * Worries about Microsoft.

 * Microsoft not using .NET on their Desktop.

Note that these aren't my objections, and for details you'll have to go
back and read the various threads. So, no need to feel pressured to
defend against these objections right here.

Cheers,
Nate