Re: GnomeClient replacement?

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:21 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> On mer, 2006-07-19 at 03:28 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > * distros are all crap at getting their bugs upstream, pretty much.
> > (Some are slightly better than others, at various times.)
>
> I though we were doing a pretty good job at forwarding Ubuntu bugs
> upstream, but apparently it looks like you don't appreciate the efforts,
> makes me wonder if we should bother keeping doing that then

I was in discussions with another maintainer of core GNOME modules (that
shall remained anonymous), and we were not very impressed at the way
Ubuntu forwarded bugs.
Bugs caused by Ubuntu specific patches should not be able to make their
way to the GNOME bugzilla, and patches that aren't brand or slight
preferences fixing should have an upstream bugzilla.
I have seen some patches showing up in b.g.o after having been in Ubuntu
for months.
Gathering backtraces should be done in launchpad before a bug is opened
upstream, and it's not the case sometimes.

So it's not perfect, but I'm sure you'll get there.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>