Re: consistency (or lack thereof)

On 7/21/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:

So if we want to make things consistent, we should consider making
every instant-apply Close button a Finish button instead.

> Well, the HIG say "Close" IIRC, so, I think everything should be the way
> the HIG say.

The HIG is a set of guidelines that are evolving, they are not set in stone.

The correct way is then to bring it up to the HIG and say "User
testing shows XYZ". Once it is changed in the HIG then all relevent
things can be changed and consistency is maintained.

The incorrect way is this way, change one, and then leave it there.

iain