Re: consistency (or lack thereof)

On Jul 22, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
Ask dobey for the details, but IIRC Novell user testing showed convincingly that a majority of test subjects didn't know/expect that Close would save their changes.

But it *didn't* save their changes, and renaming it to Finish doesn't change that. I can close the window using the button in the title bar instead, or even using xkill, and my new choice of background doesn't revert itself.

Anyway, there are several bigger unfixed problems with this window. <http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2006-March/msg00213.html>

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/