Re: [bug-buddy]: Custom scripts for your application

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 02:29:38PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Brian Cameron wrote:
> >
> >Why not just add a GConf preference to bug-buddy so that users can
> >simply turn off this feature if they don't want it to be on.  Perhaps
> >the first time data is forwarded a pop-up can be displayed asking the
> >user if they want this feature on or off.  This would be most
> >respectful to the user's possible privacy concerns, I'd think.
> >

> Bug buddy already has too many clicks to send in the report (at least as
> of the last version I used) - the Windows "report crash to Microsoft"
> dialog has a *lot* less, just as one example.

FYI: A lot was cleaned up in the 2.16 version:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.16/notes/en/rnusability.html

It has 3 parts / states. One collects information and when it is done it
switches to the 2nd part. That one asks for a description + email
address (shown in above URL). Click Send and you will be taken to the
3rd part; with a link to the bugreport.

> Why not just be careful that the scripts don't collect potentially
> personal info, and ensure users can review the info before sending.
> Maybe there's a checkbox to turn off ever sending the extra info, but I
> wouldn't make it a required clickthrough, just a checkbox you can check
> if you're looking for it.

Current bug-buddy has a 'show details' for that.

--
Regards,
Olav