Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 17:23 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 12:14 -0400, Loren Bandiera wrote:
> > I don't believe GQ has been maintained in a few years. Last time I used
> > GQ it was a Gtk+ 1.0 application. That's two big advantages right there.
>
> From http://gq-project.org/:
>
> September 3rd, 2006: GQ 1.1.1
>         The GQ project has released a new version of the popular LDAP
>         client. This release contains several new features compared to
>         the 1.0.x packages.
>
> It has a new maintainer now.

but has GQ been proposed for inclusion? If not, instead of asking what
advantages LAT has over GQ, which is not even included with GNOME, we
should be asking what advantages a LDAP admin tool gives our users :-)

I'd say it gives a lot to admins.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>