Re: Getting to Topaz (Was Re: getting on a longer release cycled)

Ed Mack wrote:
Gnome Sheriff must be elected by some formal procedure (better by democratic voting). His main responsibility - moderate mailing lists from bullshit, destroy crazy ideas before they infect people, protect project ideology, etc.

A democracy arises because allowing everyone a say in running the
country is not feasible. We already have structures where everybody can
voice opinion, and if you think you can do something better you are free
to patch/fork anyone elses code (as a programming domain example).
There are opinions that those structures do not influence much. I do not think I can do better, I just see that Gnome appears to be lost a bit and I was trying to suggest a new position that may fix a leadership problem, a Gnome Moderator (or Sheriff if you are not against humor). It seems to me that Jeff Waugh is doing something similar to moderation - then why not to create an official position, give more rights (as well as responsibilities) to it and elect a man for a period?

Lets not limit ourselves to the non-digital world for the sake of an
organisation diagram.

Developers are not digital.