Re: WAF (Was: build tools)

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 15:37 +0100, Daniel Svensson wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by lack of crosscompiling support.
>
> Crosscompiling needs very little.
>
> 1. A compiler that runs on your host OS, and produces output for some
> target OS/arch.
> 2. A set of dependencies (if any) built for that target OS/arch.
> 3. A non hardcoded build process that handles the above two steps
> without puking.

autoconf has standard support for running tests on the local machine for
example to determine the word size, if the networking layer supports
abstract sockets, and so on.  If the build is being cross-compiled these
tests fail straight away (as part of the framework, you can't run a test
in a cross-compiled build) unless the result has been provided in a site
file.

Does waf support this?

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com