Re: WAF (Was: build tools)

On Dec 3, 2007 3:51 PM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> autoconf has standard support for running tests on the local machine for
> example to determine the word size, if the networking layer supports
> abstract sockets, and so on.  If the build is being cross-compiled these
> tests fail straight away (as part of the framework, you can't run a test
> in a cross-compiled build) unless the result has been provided in a site
> file.
>
> Does waf support this?

Do you mean configure tests or unittests that fail? I'm not sure what
you mean here. If you are talking about configuration tests, is it
compile time (build or not build) or actually running the compiled
test that gives you the information you need? It is possible to give
waf a configuration instead of letting it configure on its own. It's
not very nice (replace the single configure cache file), but it could
very easily be placed at the commandline with a path to a file, is
that what your site-file does, provides a template configuration for
some specific target?

--
Daniel Svensson, <dsvensson gmail com>