Re: Multiple sessions for the same user?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:39:34 +0100, Iain Nicol <iain thenicols net> wrote:

If I'm physically at a machine, then there's nothing to stop me ripping
out the power cable, or holding down the shutdown button long enough to
cause a hard shutdown.

You cannot assume this for all systems; while most home user systems entail
physical access it does not neccessarily hold true for an university or company
environment.
For example, at my former university I remeber computers savely locked away
from users while all directly connected peripheral was fully exposed.

Warning users that another user is logged on is of course a good idea.
Agreed. We really want this.

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach googlemail com