Re: Proposed module: tracker

Iain * wrote:
On 1/10/07, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com> wrote:

I bet that the Epiphany developers does not think it is worth their
time if Tracker doesn't get included in GNOME...

Then how will we know if Tracker is what we need?

by making acceptance of tracker in Gnome conditional on the maintainer of Epiphany accepting a tracker enabled patch. Its a question of trust in the maintainers at the end of the day.

But maybe if Tracker received a "semi-blessed" status? Not ready for
inclusion now, but scheduled for GNOME 2.20 (or even 2.22). That would
create a nice target for the Meta Tracker developers.

That again doesn't answer the "what do we want this for?" question.

um integrated desktop search and metadata server? (two of the biggest missing holes in gnome today)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/