Re: Proposed module: tracker

On 1/10/07, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk> wrote:
Iain * wrote:
> On 1/10/07, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com> wrote:
>
>> I bet that the Epiphany developers does not think it is worth their
>> time if Tracker doesn't get included in GNOME...
>
> Then how will we know if Tracker is what we need?

by making acceptance of tracker in Gnome conditional on the maintainer
of Epiphany accepting a tracker enabled patch. Its a question of trust
in the maintainers at the end of the day.

>> But maybe if Tracker received a "semi-blessed" status? Not ready for
>> inclusion now, but scheduled for GNOME 2.20 (or even 2.22). That would
>> create a nice target for the Meta Tracker developers.
>
> That again doesn't answer the "what do we want this for?" question.

um integrated desktop search and metadata server? (two of the biggest
missing holes in gnome today)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/