Re: Proposed module: anjuta

Le mercredi 10 janvier 2007, à 12:23, Naba Kumar a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 22:41 +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> We have a beta release coming up in next few days that will pave the way
> to our 2.x stable line.
>
> Now about including in GNOME 2.18 release, I agree it's probably not
> wise to take Anjuta 2.x line for that. Looking at the schedule, we can
> at most come up with a beta release and it may not be still be
> acceptable for the GNOME release.

I have two concerns for Anjuta. The first one is related to this: I
guess it'd be better for Anjuta-in-GNOME to have releases more
frequently (but of course with less changes). Adopting our release
schedule is quite important in terms of release management, and from
what I can see, I believe Anjuta is not ready for this. Maybe it'd be
better to wait for the next release cycle?

The second concern is not a real concern: I'm a vi-addict and so it's
really difficult for me to evaluate Anjuta ;-)

> We have Anjuta 1.2.4a, the last stable release, that can be considered
> for the GNOME devel suite release. Granted it's not as feature filled as
> 2.x line, but it is stable, has basic interface with glade and devhelp
> and no dependencies to gdl/gnome-build. Is there any opposition to use
> stable Anjuta 1.2.4a release for the suite?

Is it still maintained?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.