Re: Proposed module: tracker

2007/1/11, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
Hi Mikkel,

Le jeudi 11 janvier 2007, à 14:11, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen a écrit :
> We have started a project called Wasabi whose goal is to come up with
> cross platform specs and apis regarding desktop search and metadata
> storage (two different but related goals).
>
> Our work is still in flux so I wont provide any links here - those
> whole really want to look at it (or get involved) should head over to
> xdg.

Just wondering, since this is important for such a project to succeed:
are most search projects involved in this effort?

Yes. I invited the lead dev of all desktop search projects I could dig
up. If my memory serves my well they include: Tracker, Beagle, Strifi,
Pinot, Recoll, GLSCube, and Nepomuk. If I missed something then please
help me out :-) (I didn't contact Microsft or Apple as I heard they
where hacking on their own toy projects). Everybody replied open
mindedly. Needless to say they want something more concrete before
saying anything final.

The idea was to first have a core team come up with an actual proposal
and then discuss that publically (well xdg is still public of course),
and then try and merge any conclusions into a final spec.

Cheers,
Mikkel