Re: Bugfix release

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 18:45 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> On 3/22/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
> > I remember a while ago some people were talking about how it might be a
> > good idea to dedicate a release cycle to fixing bugs, with a feature
> > freeze in effect.
> >
> > Is there anyone still in support of this idea, or has it been generally
> > discarded?

[...]

On the other hand, (I'm not sure if such a system might already be
in place...) it might be reasonable to say that a given module might
want to rally an extra bugfix release on the said current release -
if for example an important bugfix was made in the platform after
the 2.18.1 release - does that library maintainer have the right
to ask for a 2.18.2 to be released to address this ? (and then
I suppose the idea would be accepted/rejected by the release
team)

Or is that all just moot since vendors will go pick up the bugfix
regardless of an "official gnome release" ?

Cheers,
                  -Tristan