Re: add libcolorblind as an external dependencie

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 09:28 -0300, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Di�es
wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I CC'ed the libcolorblind developer, Daniel, since he can say better
> than me about the libcolorblind stability.
>
> But I can say for now that this is not a complex library. What it does
> is quite simple and we already have cool effects using it in gnome-mag,
> here are some screenshots:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-1.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-2.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-3.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-4.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-5.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-6.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-7.png
> http://www.gnome.org/~carlosd/color-blind-8.png

Not to be disparaging, but the output on some of those is
really pretty grainy, and some of them make the menu text
harder to read.  Is there really any form of color blindness
for which black needs to be transformed to yellow?

I don't think emacs and gnome-terminal are good samples
to show off what you're doing.  You should post some
screenshots of an interface that really is problematic
for most color-blind users.  How about a screenshot of
Five or More using the "balls" theme?  I can barely see
any difference between the green and yellow balls.

--
Shaun