Re: build systems

Richard Hughes wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 11:01 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > Not any rule I know of; but using ./configure; make; make install (be
> > it with autotools or anything else) is quite useful to be integrated
> > in JHBuild modulesets.
>
> Sure, agreed. In waf it's just:
>
> waf configure --prefix=/foo/bar/baz
> waf
> waf install
>
> Seems pretty similar in my book :-)

Sure; but I somehow lack motivation to add build-system-of-the-day
support into JHBuild; bootstrapping support is quite easy, the support
is in maintaining and evolving all of them (for example there are a few
things I'd like to add into JHBuild which are stalled because I wouldd
need to code them for seven revision control systems).

Incidentally when Shaun asked about adding proposed modules into
JHBuild modulesets I added everything but cheese.

        Frederic