Re: strawman (Was Re: build systems)

On Nov 11, 2007 10:52 PM, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> It would be great to release a suite of GNOME apps for Windows (maybe even
> OS X) along with our tarballs every six months -- to grow our audience and
> potential developer pool -- with the least amount of work possible. :-)

While I agree this would increase the audience, I wonder about the
feasibility.

* Do enough maintainers/developers still run windows systems and have
Windows developement experience?

* Would this require a new pool of developers to be aquired before
such a release?

* Would this introduce new bugs that would be difficult to track down
and kill without access to a Windows development environment?

* Would there be an active group, similar perhaps to gnome-love
(windows-love?) that would patrol windows related bugs?

* There would probably have to be an easy and somewhat trusted method
of installing binary packages for Windows. (Winbuntu?)

Enjoy the thought experiment. :-P

Adam