Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 12:10 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> As several people already stated, most of git's improvements are already
> available to those who love git thanks to git-svn. It strikes me that we
> would actually lose svn's killer feature (simplicity) if the whole
> repository is migrated to git.

Agreed.

What is so bad with keeping svn as the master repository (easy to use,
fast enough, very popular) and if people want to use git or bzr for
dvcs, then they use git-svn or bzr-svn?  Many people can use those to
branch a svn repository and then merge between themselves, so there is
no hard requirement for a central repository.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./