Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

Le jeudi 13 septembre 2007 à 21:33 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
> > This is definitely a killer feature, but there is no design limitation
> > preventing implementation of such a feature in subversion. A working
> > svn-bisect script would definitely be a worthwhile contribution.
>
> Ya, you need to be sitting on top of the GNOME SVN server for it to work
> though.

Well, you just need to be online. There's an overhead caused by the
update time, but unless you're living in a train with a IP over DNS
tunnel on a cellphone connection, it should be much smaller than the
compilation time.

> What's worse than a broken tool is using another tool to unbreak it.

SVK is not a tool to unbreak Subversion, it's just another
implementation.

> It's easier to do something wrong than right.

And it's easier to use a simple tool than a sophisticated one.

: :' :           josselin mouette ens-lyon org
`. `'                        joss debian org