Re: [Fwd: How to download the API references pages?]

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 23:39 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 04:26:19PM -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> > On 9/11/07, Tim Miao <Tim Miao sun com> wrote:
> > > This is Tim from Sun desktop team. I'm looking for some GNOME2.20 API
> > > references pages/packages/tarballs. Would anyone please give me a hint
> > > where I could download them all on page
> > > http://library.gnome.org/devel/references ?
> [..]
> > But now that you mention it, it would be good to have a link to
> > "Download this document" in l.g.o.
>
> This is not easy to implement btw. Because of the automatic language
> selector thingy in Apache, all HTML files are called like:
> $NAME.html.$LANG
>
> It cannot be $NAME.$LANG.html because Apache then selects .xml before
> .html.
>
> So it could be in a tarball, but don't think browsers will open
> something without a .html/.htm extension easily.
>
> Although Frederic might have an easy solution.

library.gnome.org pages are uploaded from documentation in tarballs,
with some minor transformations, I believe. So we should be able to just
point people to the tarball (though they will get the source code too,
and they won't get all of the documentation in one tarball).

Some tarballs might build their HTML as part of their from-tarball
build. But I think the HTML should always be distributed to reduce the
need for all the documenation generation tools.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com