Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 05:36 -0700, Sanford Armstrong wrote:

> > Does this work though? I mean, if testingground is a single module, is
> > it really possible to extract the version history for a single
> > subdirectory and create a new svn module from that?
>
> Yes, using a command called "svndumpfilter".  You'd have to not care
> about your revision numbers being resequenced.

Ugh, but you then get branches that span everything under testingground
(right?).

I think we should have git-daemon available for people to put stuff in
their home directories on www.gnome.org.  This is *not* the same as
moving all of svn.gnome.org to Git (which is a major project that needs
to be done very carefully).

Does anyone have experience setting up git-daemon?

  Federico