Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 11:37 -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:

> Em Ter, 2008-02-12 às 16:13 +0200, Lucas Rocha escreveu:
> > I agree. We shouldn'd discard the possibility of either postponing the
> > gvfs-based Nautilus or delaying the .0 release if needed. Obviously,
> > releasing Nautilus with too many or some big regressions is not a good
> > plan.
> >
> I think distros would understand that would be necessary. Ubuntu, for
> example is going to release a LTS (long term support) version, and, last
> LTS (dapper 6.04) had 2 months of delay (becoming 6.06).

We've obviously discussed the effect that GVFS will have on Ubuntu 8.04,
and the possible effect on its release date; it's certainly on our
Threats list for the release.

At the time, we hadn't yet committed to including it at all -- distro's
always have the option to not ship the entire GNOME platform; we even
had the option to ship 8.04 with GNOME 2.20.

Our consensus was to keep with 2.22 and the intended platform, and
instead offer a bounty to work on the remaining pieces and any bugs that
come up (we're negotiating that currently).

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott canonical com