Re: New module decisions for 2.22

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 20:53 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> I think Matthias said he would look at that including porting it to use
> PolicyKit-gnome. At least I've been asking him about this for months and
> kept giving the answer that it was in your hands and he would do it when
> you were done merging ;-). So perhaps now is a good time to do it; for
> what it's worth the latest patch in #491462 might give some hints on how
> to use PK-gnome including the autotools stuff, setting vendor name +
> icon in the .policy file (something missing right now) and so on etc.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that bug for reference.

I really don't want to go shaving yaks to get intlclock included, given:

* Do we want to make it use PK-gnome, and not the hand-coded stuff that
it has now?

* PK-gnome is not blessed due to libsexy.

* Libsexy is a yak who needs industrial-grade shaving.

* etc.

So, right now I'm leaning toward this:

1. Get the gnome-panel and gnome-applets patches approved (hi, Vincent
and Callum!) :)

2. Use the hand-coded D-Bus code in the clock applet for now.  Do a
configure-time check for PK; if it's not present, simply disable setting
the time altogether (this will make distros notice).

3. Release libgweather, and shave the yaks around module proposal,
bugzilla product, etc.

4. Release gnome-panel and gnome-applets with the standalone gweather.

  Federico