Re: GNOME 2.23 Schedule

On 3/18/08, Felipe Contreras <felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> I'm a GNOME user and FOSS developer that would like to know which are
>  the features users want. Knowing that is a step closer into making a
>  consequential contribution.
>
>  Now I know d-d-l is not the right place for that, neither is the GNOME
>  community, I'll better start on Ubuntu brainstorm, like apparently a
>  lot of people are doing.

I really don't understand the tone of the exchanges here.  It seems to
be verging on hostility but I don't understand why.

Felipe, your original post in this thread (which was completely
unrelated to the thread topic of a release schedule) was:
"Still the input from the user-base is not considered?"

Basically, you accused GNOME developers of not caring what users want
(in a not particularly polite way).  From what I understand, the
reason that you think this is because GNOME has not created a
'brainstorm' application like ubuntu did (and dell before them...).
Is this a correct summary of your position?  Or is there something
else that you are upset about?

Please help me understand what this thread is about.
--
jonner