Re: install-module on master.gnome.org

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 05:33:38PM -0400, Andrew Cowie wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 22:26 +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
>
> > - checking of sane versions (no 'rc1' 'beta1' etc)
>
> Why not? If a project wants to do that, that's their business.

Because it confuses the ordering. There is no reliable way to determine
the latest versions. So I cannot get e.g. the .0 case right. Currently
it is (IMO hackishly) done by assuming the versions are installed in
order, but that breaks down whenever a new module is added (often
permissions are delayed until there have been a few releases.. then
install-module shouldn't be too confused if versions are installed
out-of-order).

--
Regards,
Olav