Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.24

Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2008, 17:40 +0100 schrieb Xavier Claessens:
> Le mardi 25 mars 2008 à 17:20 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann a écrit :
> > Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2008, 15:45 +0000 schrieb Alberto Ruiz:
> > >

> > > 2008/3/25, Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>:
> > > Hi Mathias,
> > >
> > >         Telepathy and Empathy look very promising, but Telepathy
> > >         doesn't support
> > >         buddy lists for IRC (and SIP) yet. Not having buddy lists for
> > >         IRC would
> > >         be a major regression for my use patterns of IRC.
> > >
> > > Do we have any official IRC support on GNOME? IMHO there shouldn't be
> > > an issue in having empathy for 2.24 and then have IRC support for
> > > 2.26. We don't have any IRC support among the current desktop suite,
> > > so I can't see why is this a regression.
> >
> > Currently Pidgin, XChat and XChat-GNOME provide IRC UIs.
> > All those applications have buddy lists for IRC.
>
> Please define what you mean by irc buddy list.

Buddy: People you frequently talk to per IM.
Buddy List: List with presence state of your buddies.

> I saw that pidgin is able to add an IRC contact into the main contact
> list, but AFAIK xchat(-gnome) can't do similar things.

For XChat: Window > Notify List. Cann't figure out quickly, how to use
that list for presence notifications, but I am very sure that I got such
notifications when I was using XChat years ago.

Seems XChat-GNOME really doesn't have a buddy list.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/mathias/about/